Pennsylvania Counties #PAGenWeb #genealogy

Nancy Janyszeski

Hello - I am currently creating sub-groups for Pennsylvania's 67 counties.  It is a work in Progress.  Let me know if you would like to moderate a county.
I know others are putting up PA County groups, but I feel it is important to have the PAGenWeb post each county.

Check to see if the county you are mostly researching is listed, if not I will put at the top of my list.

Nancy

sherry kramer

very thoughtful Nancy
Can you tell me of any county in PA had a town called Commonsville
thank you
sherry kramer

On Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 10:11:21 AM MST, Nancy Janyszeski <buckscounty@...> wrote:

Hello - I am currently creating sub-groups for Pennsylvania's 67 counties.  It is a work in Progress.  Let me know if you would like to moderate a county.
I know others are putting up PA County groups, but I feel it is important to have the PAGenWeb post each county.

Check to see if the county you are mostly researching is listed, if not I will put at the top of my list.

Nancy

Nancy Janyszeski

Hello - not that I have seen.  Depending on the year being referenced, it could be a place name that is no longer being used.
Nancy

Bob Wissinger

Marianne Fisher

Nancy Janyszeski,
Hello, can you add Jefferson ,Luzerne and Indiana county to the subgroup list please ?
Thanks, Marianne

Nancy Janyszeski

Yes, will do.
Nancy

Nancy Janyszeski

Curious, the way this is listed it could be in New York.
Nancy

Judy Banja

Try a search at   https://www.geonames.org/

Judy

On Jan 30, 2020, at 9:40 AM, sherry kramer via Groups.Io <bigbandnana@...> wrote:

[...]

swtilden@...

1) it is not far away in New York...and the other town is, too.

2) the linking of message chains don't seem to work on the site. Each post -- new or part of an ongoing chain -- turns up like any new post. Makes it impossible to follow along and know which person/chain to respond to.

--Scott

Sent using myEarthLink

On Thu Jan 30 13:40:35 EST 2020 Nancy Janyszeski wrote:
Curious, the way this is listed it could be in New York.
Nancy

Nancy Janyszeski

Not sure how this all works, but I will certainly try to find out.  I am not seeing the messages like everyone else.  I see the button is showing "reply to group"

Bob Wissinger

Not listed in Geonames or even GNIS. But I found it as posted above.

Nancy Janyszeski

I tried the suggested links and didn't find it.  What an interesting question.

Bob Wissinger

Nancy, I just tried both of the links I posted earlier today and they work just fine.  But my apologies, the second google book link refers to Commonsville in New York.  However, the other link is a map that shows where it was located. It must have been a unincorporated populated place as it doesn't even show up in the government database GNIS..

Nancy Janyszeski

HI Bob, thank you for letting me the links worked for you. I agree with you, I think it was a Place Name in the early 1800's .

Nancy

Patrick Schmitt

I would be interested in moderating Clarion and Armstrong counties.

Thank you,

Patrick Schmitt